Happy Birthing Day!

September 20, 2009

On Friday, September 18th, 2009

Mateo Kenika Nokose Carpenter

was born at 9:02 p.m.

At Sacred Heart Regional Medical Center
Springfield, Oregon

He weighed 6 lbs., 8 oz
and was 20 inches long.

Jessie's labor lasted almost exactly 5 hours.
Michael "caught" Mateo when he was born, and cut the cord.

Also attending the birth were
our amazing midwife, Christine Heritage, CNM.
our doula, Kristin Collier,
and nurse, Dannette Martin, RN.

We stayed at the hospital for 24 hours, and we are so glad to be back home now.
We are all doing great - strong, healthy and so grateful for our little family!

Mateo is a handsome, sweet, sweet baby.  He loves to snuggle.
He doesn't like diaper changes, and he lets us know with a loud complaint.
Mateo also sleeps well, though Mama and Papa are still a little sleep deprived!

Here is a link to the announcement posted by the hospital:




6 comments:

Sara Matthews said...

Love the photos, keep them coming. He does remind me a little of Sage but he has is own look too. Love the wrinkle hands. Congrats!

Katie Labbe said...

What a BEAUTIFUL baby boy! I am so happy for you guys. I can't wait to be a baby hog and get my hands on him! Congratulations! Glorious is the day of September 18, 2009!

Seda said...

Yay!!! Congratulations, Jesse and Michael! What a gorgeous baby boy. I love the photo of you holding him and looking at him, Jesse. It shows the purity and beauty of mother-love, and brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad that Kristin was able to attend your birth! Many blessings to you three.

I'm also sending a link to my friend David's blog, in case you're interested. He's a missionary in Brazil, and his daughter Evelyn was born on Sunday. http://davidcarrel.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you and can't wait to meet the new little man in your life. I am enjoying my pregnancy so very much and look forward to holding my little girl in the next few months. What a blessing for your family! Thinking of you, Noel

Lara said...

I have been following your story from the encouragement of light-you and michael are an encouragement. I smile big and shed a few tears knowing Mateo is here because of his brave moma and papa and big brother sage. Much Love, Lara

Laura said...

Many congratulations to you both on the birth of Mateo. I was away when he arrived and am just getting caught up now. He is so beautiful Jesse! Much love to you from me. May you fee your Dad and Sage's love and spirit surround you as you welcome little Mateo home.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Pocket