Waiting for You . . .

September 10, 2009

Dear baby Mateo,

It is about a week before your due date, and I keep thinking I am going into labor. Maybe it is wishful thinking because I am so excited to meet you. Your papa and I have everything ready. The carseat is installed, your baby clothes and diapers are all organized, the bag is packed for the hospital, and our dear doula is ready to drop everything at a moment's notice to offer her support.

Today was my last day at work. I am usually very focused at work because I love what I do and the people I work with, but yesterday and today I felt restless and distracted . . . ready to just be at home and set aside everything not related to preparing for your birth.

Oceana came over today and we played with playdough. She still calls you "Baby Coconut" sometimes, and she likes to kiss my belly and talk to you. Tonight she told you about the monsters that live in our attic, and she said she'd protect you from them. She just started kindergarten this week, so she feels very grown up now.

Your papa will be home from work soon, and he will probably talk to you like he does most nights. You always move the most in the late evening when Papa and I are talking. We both love you, Little Bear.

All my heart,
Mama

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Pocket