I'll Tell You Every Day

January 31, 2010

Little Teo,
You are four months old!  And I am 33 years old!  Some people come to dread their birthdays after a certain age, but I don't mind getting older.  I think if you keep learning and growing as a person, life can continue to get better and better as you age.  Grammy taught me this.  I hope someday I will be a wise old woman with grandchildren on my lap and a smile on my face.  A princess crown would be nice, too!  
 

As for you, my dear, you have learned to roll over.  You seemed really interested in rolling for about a week, but once you mastered it, you stopped doing it.  I think it really bugs you that you can't crawl yet.  In fact, I think you'd love to be walking and climbing and jumping, too.  You have a lot of energy and determination, and it won't be long before the world is your jungle gym.  
 
  
The other thing you have learned to do this month is make raspberry sounds with your mouth, which is extremely cute.  I have a suspicion that your papa taught you to do this.  He has been taking care of you on the mornings that I am teaching (unless he works, in which case you are with Grammy).  You two are quite a pair . . . my two favorite trouble-makers!

At our Birth to Three group, we learned an alternate (happy) version of "You are My Sunshine."  I sing it to you often, and every time I do, you smile.  Here are the lyrics: 

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy when skies are gray.
You'll always know, dear, how much I love you,
'Cause I'll tell you every day.

The other night dear, when I lay sleeping,
I dreamed I held you in my arms.
When I awoke, dear, I saw you smiling,
So I looked in your bright, shining eyes.

1 comments:

Laura said...

Wow - 4 months already! I see lots of Michael in Mateo - what a cutie!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Pocket